Monday, July 14, 2008

Little Scare

We had a little scare this weekend. I woke up 5:30 Saturday morning and I thought my water had broken. Given our history, we didn't want to take any chances. We packed Grant up and headed to the hospital. They admitted me to L&D for testing and observation. They hooked me up to the monitors and I was having quite a few contractions. They gave me medication to stop the contractions. I had an ultrasound which showed that I still had enough fluid. According to the ultrasound, Dean weighs 3lb 12 ounces, which is great news.

I was admitted for overnight observation just given our history. In the morning, they repeated the ultrasound and I had the same amount of fluid, which was good news. We got to see the perinatologist that we really like and he felt pretty confident based on my cervical measurements and amniotic fluid measurements that my water had not broken. So, that was good news to us. We were not quite ready for a July baby!

0 comments: