Thursday, April 17, 2008

19 Week Appointment

Today was my appointment with my regular OB for my 19 week visit. I had an ultrasound first, which went very well. My cervix was measuring 3.4 cm at the perinatologist last monday, and today, it was measuring 3.3 cm. That was great news since two weeks ago it measured 2.6 cm at my doctor's office.

While everything is going well for Dean and I, my doctor seemed more concerned today than usually. I found out why, when he told me that the clinic has 7 women in the hospital on bedrest for short cervices, and they're there for the duration. He was concerned by that number and would like to do everything possible to avoid that for me. He said they had just sent one woman home who was in the hospital for 12 weeks! Ugh!

So, for now, there's no cause for concern for Dean and I. Dean is a very active little man, even more so than Grant. He likes to kick me all day every day. It's fine with me becuase I LOVE knowing he's ok in there. He's measuring ahead of schedule, which is great and he weighed in today at 10oz.

0 comments: