Monday, April 7, 2008

Me, Normal???

I honestly never thought I'd ever have a doctor tell me my pregnancy was normal!!!!!!

Because of my appointment last Thursday, my doctor sent me to see the perinatologist. At our appointment, they did a very in depth ultrasound looking at Dean and making sure all his measurements were right on. It was so cool to see how much they can see at this stage. At one point, the u/s tech looked down his spinal column to make sure there weren't any bulges, and it was so cool, becuase you really could see the spinal column. Dean is measuring perfectly and he was not cooperating when she tried to get pictures of his heart. She got most of what she needed but he was transverse (horizontal across my uterus) and belly down. She tried desperately to get him to flip to be back down, but he wasn't having it.

After the ultrasound, we met with the peri. He said that everything we were doing sounded great to him. He was very pleased with some of the preventative measures my doctor was doing, and he actually said that my cervix was NORMAL!!!! I've never heard that before, but I guess normal to a high risk OB is different than normal to a regular OB.

So, as of right now, we're back to appointments every two weeks with my regular OB. Yippee!!!

0 comments: