Thursday, April 3, 2008

Appointment Update

Today was my 17 week appointment. They started with the ultrasound and the baby is perfect. He was so cute! He had his feet tucked up under his bottom, just like Grant always did. He is measuring right on schedule and is so adorable.

Now for the not so good news. Well, we knew last week was too good to be true. My cervix was measuring 4.1 cm last week which is great for me. With Grant it was always 2.3cm. Well, today it measured 2.6 cm. That is a pretty concerning changed in the past two weeks. I have an appointment to see a perinatologist on Monday, but until then, I'm pretty much on bedrest.

I am also due to start the 17-OHP progesterone shots this week. As soon as my doctor's office get's it precertified, I have to get the shots every week until delivery. I'm not really looking forward to that, but I'll obviously do whatever I have to do for our baby!

One bit of good news - the previa has resolved itself, so there's no concern about this anymore.

That's all for now. I'll update more on Monday.

0 comments: